Hey, Bowdabra bow makers! Here are our hair bow making instructions and tutorial for making a St. Patrick’s Day boutique bow with tulle. Little girls can wear their St. Patty’s Day bows with their favorite green outfit!
Bow Making Supplies for one Hair Bow:
1. Begin by gathering the supplies you will need to make the St. Patrick’s Day boutique bow with tulle. Either buy a center hair bow embellishment or make it yourself. I made my embellishment using rhinestones and green sparkle craft foam.
2. To make the bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Cut assorted grosgrain ribbon 5″ long and dovetail the ends. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra and center it using the ruler, as your guide.
4. Cut 10″ of 1/4″ satin ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Cut 14″ of sheer polka dot ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and at the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Create a boutique bow and scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wand.
7. Fold the 1/4″ satin ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create two loops.
8. Press 3″ long korker ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly.
11. Slowly remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around to the back and knot it.
12. Fluff the bow.
13. To make the tulle bottom of the bow – place 13″ of 6″ wide sparkle tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
14. Tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire around the tulle and knot it in the center of the “puff”.
15. Tie the boutique bow onto the tulle using the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
16. Attach the hair clip to the back of the bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Trim away excess wire. Glue the ends of the tulle so that the bow is not so round.
17. Glue an embellishment to the center of the bow. Your bow is now complete!
18. Follow the instructions to make a matching bow for pig-tails.