I bought several zippers at a yard sale last year. I thought they would look perfect as hair bow centers. In my experience, the best zippers for roses and rosettes should have metal teeth. The metal shines and sparkles and looks amazing in the center of hair clips.
1. Begin with a small zipper and a coordinating ribbon.
2. Remove the metal stopper at the bottom of the zipper and the zipper.
3. Trim the ends of the zipper and seal with a lighter or “no fray”.
4. Roll the zipper tight and hot glue it in place.
5. Use the other side of the zipper and hot glue pointed petals.
6. Hot glue the rolled zipper into the center. Fold down the tips of the petals and hot glue in place.
7. To make the bow Mini Bowdabra hair bow – Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Cut 30″ of ribbon and fold it in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Fold and press a loop at the 1.5″ mark.
10. Fold and press a matching ribbon loop on the other side.
11. Fold another two loops at the 1.5 mark.
12. Fold the ribbon down to create a final two loops.
13. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
14. Place the two Bowdabra Bow Wire ends through the loop.
15. Pull the wire tightly.
16. Bring the wire around the back and knot it. Use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie a hair clip to the back.
17. Hot glue the zipper rosette to the center of the bow.
18. Your hair bow with zipper rosette is complete and ready to be worn.