I am so excited to share with you my latest necklace. I have had these little ocean themed charms for awhile and I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with them. Using ribbon for the necklace I attached a circular clasp, a large jump ring would also work, and then I added charms and some beaded dangles. This a great DIY jewelry project using items that you have on hand. Make your own design with ribbon, charms, and beads.
I chose an emerald green ribbon because it reminds me of when seaweed makes the ocean look emerald green. Get crazy with this project and have fun. Make your necklace as vibrant and colorful as you want.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make your own charm and dangles ribbon necklace.
2. Loop the center of the ribbon through a circular clasp or a large jump ring.
3. Begin to attach charms to the center of the necklace.
4. Continue adding the charms and dangles filling up the clasp.
5. Once your necklace is complete you can add a small Mini Bowdabra Bow to the center.
6. To make the small bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Cut 10cms of 3/8″ wide ribbon place the end into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold the other end over the Mini Bowdabra towers and into the center.
9. Press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a bow tie.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop.
12. Pull the wire tightly.
13. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring it around the bow and knot.
14. Thread a seed bead onto the Bowdabra Bow Wire and knot the wire in the back again.
15. Trim away excess wire and glue the bow onto the necklace.
16. The necklace is complete just tie the ribbon together and wear.