Gather some scraps of ribbon and create a simple and fun nativity with your kids. Create the characters by using wooden people and the ribbon pieces. Your kids will have fun playing with their new unbreakable nativity.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for the project.
2. Create the wise men by gluing pieces of ribbon around the wooden people. Then tie some tweed to make a belt. Next, make a crown. I used my finger to wrap the ribbon around to make the crowns. Glue in place.
3. Next, create Joseph and Mary characters by gluing pieces of ribbon around wooden people.
4. Place a small amount of glue on top of Joseph’s head and place ribbon.
5. Wrap one side of the ribbon around to the front and fold the top over to create a triangle. Glue in place. Repeat for the second side. Gather the ribbon in the back and glue in place.
6. To make baby Jesus, put a dot of glue at the back of the base of the spool to secure the back of his clothes. Then flip him over and fold down the edges and glue them along the front. Fold over one of those triangle flaps and glue it down. Fold over the flap with the selvage edge to secure it with glue.
7. Create the angel character by using white yarn for the halo and white ribbon for the clothes. Wrap the ribbon in different directions to create the look below.
8. To make the angel wings cut 18”of Bowdabra Bow Wire and place into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Place white ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Make a loop on each side. Cut each end.
11. While the bow is in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop and pull the wire tightly. Take the bow out of the Bowdabra and tie the wire so it is tight.Glue bow to the back of the angel.
12. Be creative and create additional characters. Watch your children play with their new nativity.