Make dad a duck tape wallet this Father’s Day. I used camouflage duct tape and finished it with a Mini Bowdabra curling ribbon bow. The bow helps to holding the wallet closed and give it time to form a “closed flat shape” before giving it to dad.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this craft.
2. Cut 4 strips of duck tape 7″ long – tape the edges together to form a square. Cut another 4 strips of duck tape 7″ long and place them on the other side of the square. This will leave you with a 7 x 7 square and no sticky tape.
3. Fold the square to form a rectangle. Use duck tape to hold the edges in place.
4. Add duck tape around the ends for a nice finish.
5. Fold the wallet in half and hold it in place with curling ribbon. The curling ribbon will help the wallet form its shape before you give it to dad for a gift.
6. To make the curling ribbon bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Place the end of the curling ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold and twist the ribbon at the 2″ mark to make your first loop.
9. Continue making several loops. Cut the ribbon from the spool.
10. Add a piece of curling to the center of the bow.
11. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
12. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop.
13. Pull the wire tightly. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the back.
14. Tie the bow onto the curling ribbon. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
Craft Tutorial by Bowdabra Designer Sarah Forhan