This project is so quick and easy and just in time for the Fourth of July holiday. Pick up an inexpensive glass vase, some ribbon, and a couple of red, white and blue flower bushes and you can have a centerpiece for your table in no time flat!
You will need:
1. Gather your supplies.
2. Cut an 18-inch piece of silver bow wire, fold in half and insert in your Bowdabra bowmaker. You will have a loop on one side and two tails on the other.
3. Using the 1 ½” wide red wired ribbon insert in the bowmaker up to the edge of the ruler.
4. Next fold the ribbon to form a loop at the 2” mark.
5. Fold a matching loop on the opposite side. End with a tail that matches the other side.
6. Cut two 5-inch pieces of ½” patriotic ribbon and insert in the bowmaker with the same amount on each side. Scrunch the ribbon down with the Bowdabra wand.
7. Take the tails through the loop and pull tight. Remove the bow from the Bowdabra and tie a knot. Arrange the bow.
8. Meanwhile cut a piece of the patriotic ribbon the circumference of the neck of the vase and attach the ends together with a glue gun. If desired do the same to the base of vase.
9. Use a pencil to curl around the bow wire into a spiral. Attach the bow to the ribbon on the neck of the vase where you joined the two ends. Add some artificial patriotic flowers to the vase and display.
10. Your centerpiece is complete.