Think you can’t make a gorgeous professional looking bow? Think again. A Bowdabra Bowmaker helps you make beautiful bows for Tree-tops, packages and more that will have everyone oohing and aahing!
You will need:
30 inches Bowdabra bow wire
10 feet 2 ½” wide sheer sparkle wired ribbon
7 feet 2 ½” wide wired burlap sparkle ribbon
Bowdabra bow maker
1. Gather your supplies.
2. Cut a piece of bow wire 30 inches long, fold in half and insert into the bowmaker. You will have a loop on one side and two pieces of wire on the other. Fold all the wires under to stay out of the way while you are making your bow.
3. Insert the sheer ribbon in the bow maker leaving a six-inch tail. Make a loop on the other side. If your ribbon has a right and wrong side, twist the ribbon so that the wrong side of the ribbon is facing down as you make the loops.
4. Continue making loops about the same size back and forth till you have four loops on each side.
5. Scrunch down with the bowdabra wand.
6. Insert the burlap ribbon next. Leave just a couple inches of a tail and begin making loops a bit smaller than the first loops. Continue until you have four loops on each side. Scrunch down with the wand after you have added all the loops.
7. Insert the two loose wires through the loop and while the bow is still in the bow maker pull it tight. Remove from the bow maker and tie a knot in the back of the bow.
8. Fluff and arrange the bow on a flat surface. Fold the ribbon ends and cut at an angle making two points. Tie to the top of the tree.
Design by Crystal Donnelly at http://www.makeiteasycrafts.com
You can create many more such pretty bows using the Bowdabra bow making tool!
Find Christmas Gift Wrapping crafts ideas here!
Get more crafts ideas for Christmas ornaments!