“Throw me something mister!”
You can whip up this Mardi Gras bead wreath quickly and easily. Add a beautiful Bowdabra bow for the perfect finishing touch.
1. Begin at the top of your wreath, looping the beads around leaving about 2 in. hanging, front and back. Apply approximately 1 in. of glue in a zig zag motion then lay your beads across. Be very careful because the glue is very hot and the beads will also heat up.
2. Continue to wrap your beads around the wreath until it is covered.
3. Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop at one end and two pieces of wire at the other.
4. Begin with the purple tulle. Leave about a 5 inch tail, pinch the tulle and insert into the Bowdabra. Make your loops approximately 3 inches. Continue making loops until you have three loops on each side.
5. Scrunch down using the Bowdabra wand.
6. Insert the two loose pieces of wire through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Tie a knot in the back.
7. Continue the same steps with the green ribbon, except make four loops instead of three. Using the wire on the green bow, pull the wires around the purple and combine the two.
8. Use the excess wire to tie the bow onto your wreath.
You can make your bow with both colors in one step by adding the green ribbon before you tie off. In this case, I was not sure if the size and color was what I wanted. Because the bowdabra tool keeps your ribbon loops even and tied together so well, it makes experimenting so much easier.