Want to make your own handmade Mother’s Day card, this year? Create a beautiful card using decorative card stock, along with floral leaves, and butterfly embellishments. Hand write the sentiment or use adhesive lettering. Finish your Happy Mother’s Day Card with a pretty sheer Bowdabra Bow.
- Blank Card
- Decorative Cardstock
- Butterfly Embellishment (purchased at the Dollar Store)
- Floral Leaves
- Foam Adhesive Dots
- Sheer Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra w/Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this card.
2. Add the card layout along with ribbon along the bottom.
3. Add adhesive lettering the card.
4. Use foam adhesive to add leaves and a butterfly.
5. To make the bow for the card place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Place the tail end of the ribbon at the 2″ mark.
7. Form a loop at the 1.5″ mark to make the first loop.
8. Form a matching loop on the other side.
9. Continue by adding two more 1.5″ loops. Cut a 2″ matching tail on the other side.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop.
12. Pull the wire tightly and knot it in the back. Trim away excess wire. Tie a ribbon strand around the bow center to hide the wire. Leave ribbon ends for extra tails.
13. Use adhesive foam to add the bow to the card. Happy Mom’s Day!
Craft Tutorial by Bowdabra Designer Sarah
Do you have the Bowdabra to make these wonderful bows?