Who doesn’t love dressing up their fur babies or precious baby girls in adorable hair bows? This puppy bow hair clip is so darn cute and the best part . . . it’s so easy and quick to make using your Mini Bowdabra!
We’ll start by making a Fold and Twist Bowdabra bow that’s used for one sided pattern ribbon:
1. Cut a 12″ piece of Bowdabra wire and fold in half and place into your Mini Bowdabra with a loop at one end and two loose wires at the other end, tucking both ends underneath the Bowdabra.
2. Take a 12″ piece of paw print ribbon and make a small loop 1″ wide, with the right side of the pattern facing up, creasing the ribbon, and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Twist the other side of the ribbon so that the pattern is facing up, and make a loop the same size as before. Scrunch down the ribbon with your Mini Bowdabra Wand.
4. Thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Pull the bow out and tie the wire around to the back and knot.
5. For dove-tail ends, fold the end ribbon in half and place scissors at corner edge and cut in a 45 degree angle to the fold.
6. Finishing ribbon – Cut a small piece of ribbon approximately 4″ long. Place a bead of hot glue around wire and attach ribbon along glue to the back of the bow, trimming off excess and sealing with clear polish. A clip or rubber band can be placed on the finishing ribbon before gluing.
To make the puppy head:
• Cut six four inch strips of grosgrain ribbon.
• Hot glue two ends in an inverted “V” pattern, as pictured.
• Take opposite ends and loop under and glue.
• Glue third strip over right loop.
• Glue fourth strip over left loop.
• Continue gluing the fifth and sixth strips on in a criss-cross pattern, as pictured.
• Cut two 1 1/2″ pieces of black 3/8 grosgrain ribbon, rounding off bottom edge.
• Glue to top side of ribbon.
• Glue on googly eyes.
• Cut out round nose from black grosgrain ribbon, seal with clear polish and glue on.
• Cut out tongue from scrap of pink foam sheet or pink ribbon, glue on.
• Glue Bowdabra Bow to top and voila . . .
An adorable Puppy Bowdabra Bow Hair Clip!
Have fun making Bowdabra Bow hair clips!
Happy Crafting from Bowdabra and designer Gail at Purple hues and me!