Speaking of fun, have you seen the wall to wall display of flip flops at the dollar store lately? You can buy every color in the rainbow, and in different materials – then give them a one-of-a-kind look by decorating the flip flops with bows made using your Mini Bowdabra.
Here’s how to make Bowdabra Boutique Bows for your flip flops:
1. Fold a 18″ piece of bow wire in half and lay into the Bowdabra.
2. Cut a 24 inch piece of one-sided ribbon and fold in half to find the center point.
3. Make a crease in the center.
4. Place the ribbon at the crease mark down into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Grab the end of one side of the ribbon. Fold the end piece right side down into the center of the Bowdabra.
6. Grab the end of the other side of the ribbon. Fold over the first ribbon loop and right side down into the center of the Bowdabra. Now, the ribbons are actually crisscrossed, forming an x.
7. Use the Bowdabra ruler guide tool to make all four loops even. Start with the bottom loop and make a crease in the center and press into the Bowdabra. Then take the top loop and make a crease in the center and press into the Bowdabra.
8. Scrunch down the ribbon using the Bowdabra wand.
9. Take the loose ends of the bow wire and insert through the loop on the opposite side.
10. Pull the wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra separating the loose ends of the wire and wrap them around to the back of the bow, tying a knot. Then, fluff the bow.
1. Cut a small piece of ribbon approximately 5″ long.
2. Fold side edges and glue down.
3. Run a glue line along the top of the wire in the center of the bow. Wrap the folded ribbon along the glue line to the back of the bow. Trim the ends and glue together. Use a clamp or clothespin to hold until dry.
To Attach the Bowdabra Boutique Bow:
*Hot glue is not recommended as it is not a permanent hold and the bow will come off.
Place a dab of E6000 on center of rubber “V” on the flip flop and on the back center of bow, pressing together. Use a clamp or clothespin to hold in place overnight until dry.
Ta Da! Cool!
And of course, I had to make Bowdabra bows for my purple flip flops . . .
and gluing on old earring as embellishments on top of the bow!
Making Bowdabra bows to dress up flip flops are so much fun for any age!
What a great summer craft!
Be sure to visit Bowdabra designer Gail at her blog Purple hues and me!
4 thoughts on “Bowdabra Boutique Bow Flip Flop Fun”