Using the Bowdabra you can create large and gorgeous tissue paper flowers. These tissue paper flowers make a wonderful addition to your fall wedding décor. Make these elegant flowers in colors to match the theme of your wedding. One elegant flower in the bold colors of the season placed in a fluted vase creates a dramatic look to your reception tables.
- Begin by placing the Bowdabra Wand into the towers of the Bowdabra to widen the opening. The wand opens the towers and keeps the tissue paper from tearing. Next, fold a 24″ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire in half and place into the Bowdabra.
- Next, take four standard sized tissue papers all the same color. Fold them in half lengthwise and then width-wise several times. Scallop the edges to the tissue paper.
- Open the tissue paper up and cut in half, you will now have 8 layers of tissue paper. Helpful Hint: Use really sharp scissors to get through all the layers of tissue paper.
- Now, slowly start to feed the tissue paper into the opening of your Bowdabra.
- Begin to fold the paper in an accordion shape down into the Bowdabra. Place all the tissue paper into the Bowdabra
- Once the tissue paper is completely in the Bowdabra, thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop that you made when you folded it in half. Pull the wire tightly. Take the tissue paper out of the Bowdabra and tie it in the center.
- Next, using sharp scissors cut along the folds that were formed when you placed the tissue paper into the Bowdabra.
- Turn the paper over and cut the folds on the other side.
- Slowly, begin to separate the pieces of tissue paper. Move some to the left and others to the right. Attach tissue paper flower to a floral stem either by tying it with Bow wire or gluing it onto the stem. To finish place the flower into a long fluted vase. Make one for each table.
For more about the designer Sarah Forhan check her bio out by clicking here