It won’t be long before you will be thinking of the holidays and what is better than a recycled gift box to uniquely present your gifts. You can fill this little upcycled gift container with candies, small gifts and treats. Don’t stop there though; this little container will be great for any gift-giving occasion from birthdays to holidays! And what about a beginning of the year teacher gift filled with pencils, erasers and other needed school supplies? Cover the recycled cylindrical container in any size that you desire (Think, tea, oatmeal etc.) with your favorite scrapbook papers and top it off with a gorgeous Bowdabra bow!
- Handmade Paper
- Scrapbooking Paper
- 5/8” Satin Ribbon (66” in length)
- ¼” Satin Ribbon (39” in length)
- Recycled Cylinder
- Embroidery Thread
- Paper hole Punch
- Tacky Glue, Glue Stick or Hot Glue
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Begin with a cylinder container. Here we are using a little loose tea holder.
- Next, cut the paper to the sizes you will need to fit around the gift box.
- Glue the paper onto the box. Cut a little tag to be placed on the gift. Attach the tag to the box using embroidery thread.
- To make the bow for the gift box ”“ Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18” of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Cut 66” of 5/8” satin ribbon, fold the ribbon in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2” mark to make your first loop.
- Fold a matching loop on the other side.
Continue to fold and press the remaining ribbon, leave tails. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand to keep it all in place.
- Cut 39” of ¼” satin ribbon. Press the ribbon end into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold and press the ribbon at the 1” mark to make your first loop. Use the Mini Bowdabra wand to hold the ribbon in place.
- Make a matching loop on the other side.
- Fold and press remaining ribbon to form additional loops. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- Keep the wand in place thread the two loose ends of Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
- Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction. Fluff the bow.
- Using the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire attach a coordinating button and trim away excess wire.
- Glue the bow onto the top of the homemade container.
- Your little gift box is ready to be filled with goodies.
Click here for more information about the Sarah Forhan the designer of this project