Create adorable ribbon snowmen to celebrate winter! These ornaments could also be used on gifts. You could also glue the snowman to a clip. Your daughter, granddaughter, etc will love wearing the snowman in her hair. Or give one to each guest at your next snowman party.
- Tiny pom poms (Black for the eyes and any color for the buttons)
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Glue Gun or glue dots
1. Gather all of the materials you will need to create a ribbon snowman.
2. Take a piece of white grosgrain ribbon and wrap it around your finger. Add some glue to the top and press the ribbon down.
3. Wrap the ribbon around, add some glue and press down again. Make sure the second round is longer than the first.
4. Repeat step three. Cut the ribbon at the top.
5. Glue two black pom poms or googly eyes to the top to create eyes.
6. Cut an orange triangle out of grosgrain ribbon. Glue in the middle to create a nose.
7. Cut a black hat out of black grosgrain ribbon. Use a thicker piece of ribbon. Burn all of the edges to prevent fraying. Glue the hat at the top of the white circles.
8. Create the body of the snowman by repeating steps 2-4. I used a thicker piece of white grosgrain ribbon but you could use the same size if you wish.
9. Glue the head to the body of the snowman. Glue two pom poms to the body of the snowman to create buttons. Tie a piece of zig zag ribbon around the neck of the snowman to create a scarf. Glue in place.
10. Glue a piece of Bowdabra Bow wire to the back of the hat. Wait till next year to hang your new ribbon snowman or give as a party favor if you have a snowman party.