Don’t you just love cooking in your crock pot? I recently got a casserole crock pot to add to my collection of crock pots. I can never have too many crock pots. Lol! And making crock pot lasagna is easy and oh so delicious!
Just assemble the following ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground beef (hubby likes chuck)
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
28 oz. chunky (tomato, garlic, onion) pasta sauce
2- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes (garlic & onion)
32 oz. ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 and 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
16 oz. frozen spinach
Box of regular lasagna noodles
Salt and pepper season to taste
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until brown and drain. Combine the beef, pasta sauce, diced tomatoes (including juice), minced garlic, oregano, and pepper in a large bowl, mixing well.
2. While the beef is cooking, defrost frozen spinach in microwave and drain.
3. In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and 1 cup parmesan cheese, and three cups of mozzarella cheese, mixing well.
4. Spoon a layer of the meat mixture over the bottom of the crock pot. Next, add a layer of lasagna noodles, breaking to fit. And then half of the drained spinach – using a folk to spread it over the noodles. Spread a third of the ricotta cheese mixture over the spinach using a spatula to smooth out. Then repeat layers with meat sauce, noodles, spinach and cheese mixture until used up.
5. Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
I love cheese and also sprinkled a Mexican style blend of Monterey jack, medium cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheese on top
Cover and cook on High for two hours, Low for one hour.
This week’s mouth-watering dinner easy recipe is from Bowdabra expert designer Gail. Be sure and visit Gail at her blog Purple hues and me, G+, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter to view more of her awesome creations!