This Mother’s Day surprise her with useful wine caddy accented with a beautiful handmade bow.
Supplies You’ll Need
For the Bow:
For the Wine Caddy:
For the Bow:
- Fold the bow wire in half, and place in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of your way.
- Beginning with the wide ribbon, insert an end into the Bowdabra forming one tail of the bow.
- Make two loops on each side of the Bowdabra and the second tail.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with the narrow ribbon.
- Compress the ribbons in the Bowdabra with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbon still in the Bowdabra, pass the end of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten to secure. Remove the bow from the Bowdabra.
- Tie a knot on the reverse side of the bow with the bow wire. Leave the ends of the wire long to attach the bow to the wine bottle.
- Fluff the bow. Use adhesive to glue button or bling to the center of the front of the bow.
For the Wind Caddy:
- Use this pattern to cut the wine caddy from craft plywood.
- If necessary, sand rough edges.
- Paint with two coats of FolkArt Color Shift acrylic paint.
Assemble Your Gift
- Place the wine caddy on the neck of the wine bottle.
- Hang a wine glass on each side in the slots provided.
- Adorn with your bow, using the bow wire ends to secure the bow in place.
You’re now ready to present the best ever Mother’s Day gift!!
Tags: Assorted Ribbon, Bowdabra, Bowdabra Bow Wire, Bowdabra Craft ideas, Craft Tutorials, DIY, DIY tutorials, May arts ribbon, Mother's Day, Ribbon, wine caddy