Show your American pride with this patriotic bow for Memorial Day. Of course, you can display it on other holidays, too. What about Flag Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day?
Supplies for Patriotic Bow:
Instructions for Patriotic Bow:
- Cut tulle and ribbons to length using the Thermocut Hot Wire Cutter to cut and seal the ribbon ends. Alternatively, pass the ribbon ends quickly through a flame, or seal with a thin coat of clear nail polish.
- Fold the bow wire in half and place in the Bowdabra, tucking the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra.
- Add the three pieces of tulle to the Bowdabra with the 9″ length parallel to your work surface. (You can see I’m getting a little help here with this bow.)
- Layer the two lengths on star banner on top of the tulle. Next, make loops with the raffia.
- Leave a three to four inch tail when placing the blue ribbon in the Bowdabra, and continue to make three loops on each side, ending with another tail. Since my ribbon was printed on one side, I twisted it after each loop so the design would show on each loop.
- Compress all the layers with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the bow still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire end through the loop and tighten. Tie a knot on the reverse side of the bow to secure the layers. Leave the wire ends to attach the bow for display.
- Fluff out your bow, and display your patriotic pride.
My bow will be proudly displayed on my mailbox, but I can think of lots of other places for it, too. Use it to brighten a picnic basket. Add it to a floral arrangement. Attach to the handle bars of a child’s bike for the local Memorial Day parade. How will you use your patriotic bow?
Wishing you a Happy Memorial Day!
Stay in touch with me on Facebook, Create & Craft, and Pinterest.
Come back and visit Bowdabra blog each week for more new Bowdabra craft tutorials and DIY videos from our super creative design team!