Is there a Spring wedding in your future? Bowdabra makes it so easy to create beautiful on trend decor. Today I am sharing a “Farmhouse Chic” table centerpiece.
Brides Magazine lists the hot Spring wedding trends as:
- “Living Coral” Pantone’s Color of the Year
- Bringing the outdoors in (lots of foliage and unexpected foliage like pampas grass)
- Eco Conscience Weddings (check out Megan and Harry’s Royal Wedding! – think upcycled items and natural wood)
- Scented Candles
This chic centerpiece hits all the hot trends. Let’s get started!
Bowdabra Chic centerpiece
- Start by cutting a piece of the 4″ ribbon the circumference of your large mason jar PLUS 1″ – set aside
- Cut 2 pieces of 4″ Ribbon 18″ long to make your bow
- Cut a piece of Bow Wire 22″, fold in half, place on your Bowdabra and tuck the ends underneath the unit to keep them out of the way while you work
- Pinch and tuck center of one of your 18″ ribbon pieces and slide into Bowdabra – these will be your bow tails, and we will trim as the last step
- Pinch and tuck 1 end of 4″ and place into your Bowdabara with WRONG side facing up.
- Loop your ribbon in a big arc and pinch and tuck opposite end onto your bowdabra so that you have a large loop with the RIGHT side of ribbon showing (see photo)
- Pinch and tuck center of your loop into the Bowdabra
- Tamp down with Bowdabra wand
- With bow still on the unit, pull out your bow wire, thread cut ends through folded loop and pull tight. Knot on the back side
- Pin your vintage brooch to the center of the bow
- Using the bow wire, tie bow onto the ribbon you cut to go around mason jar – knot tightly
- Slide bow onto your mason jar
- Trim ribbon tails at an angle, curl them and fluff bow loops
Create your tablescape:
- Add flowers in a mason jar and a tea light to the mini mason jar to the centerpiece
- Arrange all of your components on a wood round
Thanks for stopping by the blog today – would love to know what wedding decor you are making!