Make a wreath to celebrate Christmas in July!! The holiday times are always so busy with shopping, parties, and decorating that it’s hard to find time to create. So—do your creating in July!! Start by making this Christmas in July wreath.
Supplies for a Christmas in July Wreath
- 30″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 20″ length 4″ wired velvet tapestry ribbon (Katherine’s Collection)
- 24″ length 4″ wired velvet tapestry ribbon (Katherine’s Collection)
- 60″ length 2½” wired chiffon ribbon
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Instructions for a Christmas in July Wreath
- Cut ribbons to appropriate lengths. Dovetail the ends of the ribbons by folding the ribbon in half and cutting the fold on an angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the 20″ length of velvet tapestry ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Place one end of the 24″ length of velvet tapestry ribbon face down in the Bowdabra.
- Make a two-loop fold and twist bow.
- Using the 60″ length of chiffon ribbon, leave a 6″ tail and make a fold bow with six loops, ending with another 6″ tail.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, tie a secure knot.
- Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends long for attaching the bow to the wreath.
- Make final adjustments to the bow loops and fluffy the bow.
- Attach the bow to the wreath.
Valentine's Day gift wrap with Bowdabra Bow
How to create a quick and easy Fall Wreath
Watch this video to make an elegant Easter Bonnet
Give a Voss bottle new life as a lovely patriotic vase
Video DIY- How to create a Bowdabra Thanksgiving wreath for the best hostess gift
How to Make a Fun Patriotic Korker Bow Turban Headband