A “Low Waste” Eco-Friendly wedding has been trending in recent years, and for good reason. We all want to take care of our planet and let’s face it, weddings and showers coupled with all the different accompanying celebrations are expensive! So let’s create meaningful décor that doesn’t break the bank but will also “WOW” your guests.
Today I am sharing charming little potted succulents that are perfect for wedding or shower table favors.
The gorgeous tulle bows come together quickly using the Bowdabra Mini while adding the perfect, romantic finishing touch.
Eco-Friendly Wedding decor
This wedding decor is extra economical if you have succulents in your yard (like me! I can’t kill them!) that you take clippings from. Although, purchasing small succulents is still very inexpensive.
For the bow:
- Bowdabra Mini with Wand and Measuring Tool
- Bowdabra Bow Wire – Gold (cut to 20″)
- Optional: Ribbon Scraps
- Optional: embellishments of choice (vintage buttons, coins, things that are personal to you)
For the potted succulent:
- Assorted glass jars in different shapes and sizes (be creative – look through your cabinets, your fridge, and visit the local thrift stores! You want different shapes for interest!)
- small pebbles (for drainage at bottom of jar)
- potting soil
- succulent cuttings or small purchased succulents (1″ pot)
- Start by folding your Bowdabra Wire in half, placing on to the Bowdabra and tucking ends under the unit to keep out of the way while you work
- Place tulle ribbon into Bowdabra – pulling out to 4″ Mark
- Fold tulle back and forth, tucking into Bowdabra, and using the 4″ marks on both sides of the Measuring Tool
- Make at least 10 folds for a full bow (if desired, layer some ribbon scraps on top for a pop of color)
- Use Bowdabra wand to scrunch layers tight
- Pull the ends of your Bowdabra wire from under unit, thread cut ends through folded loop end, pull tight and know
- Fluff your tulle loops
- cut a piece of tulle ribbon a length that will wrap around your jar twice
- Using Bowdabra Wire, tie your tulle bow to the center of the tulle length you just cut, trim wire
- Using a hot glue gun, attach embellishment to the center of the wedding decor bow
- Wrap your bow onto the jar, finishing with ends in front, know and trim
A sweet remembrance of your wedding your guests can take home.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! We hope to see you each week for our Facebook live Monday’s at 7:00 p.m. EST, 6:00 p.m. CST, 5:00 p.m. MST, and 4:00 p.m. PST. One lucky viewer will win a surprise roll of ribbon and you may be our next winner!