Show your patriotic pride with a Fourth of July centerpiece.
Supplies for Centerpiece
- 48″ length 6″ red glittered tulle
- 60″ length 8½” white tulle
- Five 12″ lengths 2½” glittered blue wired ribbon
- Four 15″ lengths 1½” satin patterned ribbon
- 20″ length silver Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making and Design Tool
- ¾” OD dowel rod, PCV pipe, or knitting needle
- Floral foam
- Fourth of July decorative picks
Instructions for the July fourth Centerpiece
- Make the corkscrew ribbon:
- Spiral the patterned ribbon around the dowel rod.
- Secure the ribbon ends with clips.
- Mist with water.
- Bake in the oven at 250° F for 20 minutes.
- After the ribbons are cool, gently slide off the dowel rod.
- Cut the ribbons and tulle to length. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends and prevent fraying.
- Next, fold the bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Make a fold-over bow with the white tulle.
- Next, layer the red glitter tulle, making a fold-over bow.
- Center the five lengths of blue ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Add the lengths of corkscrewed patterned ribbon to the Bowdabra on top of the blue ribbons.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Then, tie a secure knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire end uncut.
- Cut a piece of floral foam approximately 3″L x 3″W x 2″H. Mark the center, and using a length of PVC pipe or a round canape cutter, cut a hole in the foam to make candle holder.
- Place the candle in the floral foam. Using the long bow wire ends, secure the bow in place around the floral foam. Add decorative Fourth of July picks.
How to make a Fabulous Christmas Gift Bag with Bowdabra
8 Easy Birthday Projects and Weekly Crafty Showcase Link Party
How to Make a Bow for an Amazing Halloween Wreath
How to make a lovely holiday pew bow
How to decorate a greeting card with a beautiful bow
Crafting with Kids: How to Make Holiday Hair Bows for Gifts