Show your patriotic pride with a Fourth of July centerpiece.
Supplies for Centerpiece
- 48″ length 6″ red glittered tulle
- 60″ length 8½” white tulle
- Five 12″ lengths 2½” glittered blue wired ribbon
- Four 15″ lengths 1½” satin patterned ribbon
- 20″ length silver Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making and Design Tool
- ¾” OD dowel rod, PCV pipe, or knitting needle
- Floral foam
- Fourth of July decorative picks
Instructions for the July fourth Centerpiece
- Make the corkscrew ribbon:
- Spiral the patterned ribbon around the dowel rod.
- Secure the ribbon ends with clips.
- Mist with water.
- Bake in the oven at 250° F for 20 minutes.
- After the ribbons are cool, gently slide off the dowel rod.
- Cut the ribbons and tulle to length. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends and prevent fraying.
- Next, fold the bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Make a fold-over bow with the white tulle.
- Next, layer the red glitter tulle, making a fold-over bow.
- Center the five lengths of blue ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Add the lengths of corkscrewed patterned ribbon to the Bowdabra on top of the blue ribbons.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Then, tie a secure knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire end uncut.
- Cut a piece of floral foam approximately 3″L x 3″W x 2″H. Mark the center, and using a length of PVC pipe or a round canape cutter, cut a hole in the foam to make candle holder.
- Place the candle in the floral foam. Using the long bow wire ends, secure the bow in place around the floral foam. Add decorative Fourth of July picks.