This spook-tacular Halloween wreath is sure to get you ready to greet the ghouls and goblins that show up at your door.
Gather these supplies:
- 15″ length 2½” wired black organza ribbon
- 48″ length 2½” wired black organza ribbon
- Three 8″ spikes 1½” Halloween patterned grosgrain ribbon
- Three 6″ spikes 1½” Halloween patterned grosgrain ribbon
- Three 6″ spikes ¾” glitter ribbon
- 10″ floral foam ring
- Black spray paint
- 24″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
- Spider web pattern
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Spider charm
The pictured Halloween themed grosgrain ribbons are from LaRibbons.
Let’s make the Halloween wreath!!
- Spray paint the floral wreath with black paint, and set aside to dry.
- Prepare the ribbons for the wreath bow. Cut the ribbons to length, dovetailing the ends. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends and prevent fraying.
- Next, fold the bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Add the 15″ length of black organza to the Bowdabra.
- With the 48″ length of black organza make a three-loop bow.
- Next, layer the grosgrain and glitter spikes in the Bowdabra. Start with the 8″ grosgrain spikes, then the 6″ grosgrain spikes, and end with the 6″ glitter spikes.
- Compress the ribbons in the Bowdabra with the wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a knot on the reverse side. Leave the wire ends uncut for attaching the bow to the wreath.
- Fluff the bow and arrange individual loops and spikes. Set the bow aside for now.
- Freehand draw or copy a spider web design ~9″ in diameter onto copy paper. Cover the copy paper with baking parchment. Trace the lines of the spider web with hot glue. When the glue has set, attach the web to the back of the painted floral ring.
- Use the uncut wire ends of the bow to secure it to the wreath.
- Suspend a spider charm on a length of fishing line in front of the web. Alternatively, glue the spider directly onto the web.
How to Make a Thankful Jar for Your Thanksgiving Table
Upcycled Smoothfoam Easter Bunny made with stunning Bowdabra Bow
Make Wine Glass Decorations & Tags for Your Birthday Party
Video DIY to make this stunning floral arrangement
How to Create a Fall Swag Wreath
How to create an wonderful, elegant fall wreath bow