This week on the Bowdabra Live, join Kelly Klekamp-Smith from Florals in the Barn by Finklea, as she demonstrates to us the complete process of creating a simple and cute candy cane decor door hanger for Christmas. This handmade decorative piece is the perfect accessory to display on any door within seconds. Learn how to make it in this easy video. Then, go on to create several adorable candy cane door hangers for your home and as gifts for loved ones.
1. Kelly takes one of the sparkly Christmas themed ribbon rolls and after applying the right amount of glue on one section of the candy cane frame, begins to bind the ribbon around the frame slowly so that there are no spaces left in between the layers of the ribbon.
2. She uses the glue gun to apply the required amount of glue on each section of the frame. She gradually works her way around the entire frame of the candy cane to fix the ribbon on it, right from the top to the bottom, leaving no portion uncovered.
3. Then she goes on to fold the Bowdabra bow wire into half. She tucks it underneath the Bowdabra so it stay out of the way while she makes her bow.
4. Kelly selects the other ribbon roll and creates a tail for the bow in the Bowdabra.
5. She follows it up with at least 3 equal loops on each side of the Bowdabra to make a mid-sized bow in it, finally adding a cute button loop in the center of the bow.
6. Kelly then goes on to pull the bow wire from one end of the Bowdabra to the other and ties the bow up to secure it well.
7. She attaches the bow on to the ribbon covered candy cane frame and ties it up securely to it.
8. She finishes off the bow by fluffing out the loops in different directions to make it look like a pretty multi-colored flower.
9. She then goes on to fix some of the greens and sparkly picks around the bow with enough glue from the glue gun to hold everything properly in their places to complete decorating this cute candy cane door hanger.