Hello, friends! It’s Nancy back with you today to share a new Bowdabra project. Today I’m going to show you how to make a quick and easy gift box bow.
This bow acts as a belly band and can be slid on and off.
I’m not giving any measurements because you don’t need them.
Just follow these steps and you can make the same bow for any size box you have.
I chose a pretty white embossed gift box that measures approximately 6″ x 9″.
I then chose a 2 1/2″ wired ribbon.
It’s important to use a wired ribbon if you want a fluffy bow like this.
I opted to add a paper doily, that I sprayed blue to match my ribbon.
It makes a nice backdrop for the bow.
Here is how I made the easy gift box bow:
Wired Ribbon of Choice;
Tape Runner Adhesive;
Gift Box of Choice.
Follow these steps:
1. Cut a piece of the Bowdabra wire approximately 24″ long. Fold in half. Insert into the Bowdabra tool, as shown in the photo. Tuck the extra length under the base of the tool.
2. Wrap the ribbon around the gift box overlapping it, as shown in the photo. Wrap it just loose enough that it will slide on and off.
3. Hold the ribbon where it’s overlapped, and slide it off the box. Insert the overlapped section into the Bowdabra tool, keeping the wrap portion free.
4. Make your first loop on the right side. Fold the ribbon back on itself and twist the ribbon. Insert the twist into the Bowdabra tool. The wired ribbon holds the shape of the gift box. I extended my loop a little bit beyond the box shape to allow for fluffing.
5. Now form the same size loop on the left side. Twist the ribbon and insert the twist into the Bowdabra tool.
6. Continue forming and twisting loops until you have three loops on each side.
7. Make one final loop that is half the size of the previous loops. Twist the ribbon, and insert it into the Bowdabra tool. Cut the ribbon off at an equal distance from the last loop.
Finishing your bow
8. Insert the Bowdabra wand and scrunch down all the ribbons. Pull up the wire. Insert the wire ends through the wire loop. While holding the ribbon down with one hand, pull the wire securely with the other.
9. Remove the bow from the Bowdabra tool. Knot the wire securely.
10. Trim the wire close to the knot.
Add your bow to the gift box
11. Adhere the paper doily to the center top of the gift box.
12. Slide the bow onto the gift box. Fluff and separate the loops. Tuck the cut end under a loop to hide.
Isn’t that pretty?
So quick and easy, and totally customizable.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I’ll be back next month with another fun bow project!