It’s that time of year when folks are planning for going back to school. This Ready-to-Rock back-to-school headband is sure to put a smile on your special youngster’s face.
Gather these supplies for the Back to School Headband:
- Five 6″ x 5/8″ lengths patterned satin ribbon
- Three 6″ x 6″ lengths tulle (or one 6″ x 18″ length)
- One 11″ x 1½” length patterned grosgrain ribbon
- Two 18″ lengths Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool
- One 1″ or 2″ craft bottle cap
- Liquid adhesive
- Double-sided tape (optional)
- A small scrap of felt or ribbon
- Ready to Rock print out in the appropriate size (1 inch Ready to Rock inserts or 2 in Ready to Rock inserts)
Let’s make the bow for the Back-to-School Headband:
- Cut the ribbons to length. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold one length of bow wire in half and put it in the Mini Bowdabra. Then, tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Layer the 6″ lengths of patterned ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Scrunch the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra. Lay one end of the 11″ patterned grosgrain ribbon face down in the Mini Bowdabra on top of the tulle.
- Bring the second end to the grosgrain ribbon up and over the pillar and put it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Press the center of the loop you just created into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbon still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a secure knot. Then, remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra, and bring the wire ends to the back of the bow and tie a second secure knot. Leave the wire ends long for now.
- Adjust the individual ribbons and fluff the bow.
- Pierce two holes in the center of the bottle cap. Thread the second length of the bow wire through the holes so both ends are on the backside of the bottle cap.
- Using double-sided tape or liquid adhesive, glue the Ready-to-Rock insert into the bottle cap.
- Use the bow wire threaded through the bottle cap, tie the embellishment to the bow.
- Using the wires from both the bow and the embellishment, tie the bow to the headband. Trim the wire ends, leaving about ¼”.
- Glue the small felt scrap or ribbon to the back of the headband to cover the wire ends.
- Now, go and rock the first day of school!!