So, what do you do with a used dryer sheet? You can’t toss them in the recycle bin, and you can’t compost them. They become trash—landfill fodder. But, you can transform them into beautiful flowers.
Here are the supplies that you’ll need:
- Used dryer sheets
- Broad tip Sharpie or alcohol markers
- Needle and thread
- Circle Template
Let’s make your Dryer Sheet Flower:
- Find different size round items around the house to use as patterns. I used canning jar lids, pill bottles, condiment containers, and glasses. Or, you can skip the search and print the Circle Template and cut out the templates you want to use. There are several size from which to choose.
- Trace the shapes onto the dryer sheets. You’ll need several layers of each size the you select. I used four layers or each size, but experiment for different effects.
- Color the layers with markers. You can color the entire layer or just the edges.
- Stack all of the layers of dryer sheets circles for your flower with the largest circles on the bottom and smallest on the top.
- Sew a button on top sewing through all the layers.
- Make cuts from the outer edge to the button around the smallest layer to create fringe.
- Fluff up all the layers and enjoy your flower. It can be used as a craft embellishment, or in place of a bow on a package. Add a pin back for a lovely brooch, or a hair clip for a hair bow.