Hello, friends! It’s Nancy here with another fun Bowdabra project! This beautiful bow journal wrap closure is easy and elegant. It’s the perfect closure for your journals!
burlap bow wrap closure for my Fall Junk Journal.
There are so many great colors in the shop!
Bowdabra offers several beautiful Autumn colors of burlap ribbon;
perfect for any of your seasonal creative projects!
Needle and Thread;
Hook and Loop Tape;
1. To begin, I wrapped the burlap ribbon around my journal, overlapping 1″- 1 1/4″, and cut it from the spool. My piece is 15″ long.
2. I cut my hook and loop tape to fit the width of the burlap ribbon. This hook and loop had a very strong self-adhesive backing. I just needed to peel and stick. It could also be stitched onto the ends of the ribbon. Ensure that the hook and loop is adhered on opposite sides of the ribbon.
3. I wrapped the ribbon around the journal, and set it aside, while I made the bow.
Make the bow
4. I cut a piece of Gold Bowdabra Wire approximately 15″ long. I folded it in half, inserted it into my Mini Bowdabra, and tucked the ends under.
5. I inserted the tail of the burlap ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 3″ line.
6. My journal is 6″ wide, so I decided I wanted a 4″ loop on my bow. I formed a loop on the left-hand side at the 2″ mark. I twisted the ribbon, inserted it into the Mini Bowdabra, and made a second loop on the right-hand side at the 2″ mark.
7. I decided to add a second smaller loop to my bow. Using the same process, I formed another loop on each side, this time at the 1 1/2″ mark. Then I cut the end off at the 3″ mark.
8. I used the Bowdabra Wand to scrunch my bow down.
9. I pulled the wire up, inserted the ends through the loop, and pulled tight.
9. I pulled the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and knotted the wires securely before trimming.
Attach the bow to the closure
10. I fluffed the loops, and trimmed the ends with a fishtail cut. Next, I took a small piece of burlap ribbon, folded it in thirds, and wrapped it around the center of my bow, covering the gold wire. I adhered the bow in place securely with a few stitches.
11. Finally, I stitched my bow in place on the burlap wrapped around my journal. Now my journal will stay closed securely and attractively. The hook and loop tape also offers some room for expansion, in case I want to add more items to my journal.
I hope you’ll give it a try!
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I’ll be back next month with another fun bow project!
* * * * *