With just a few supplies kids can make this clothespin turkey place card holder for your Thanksgiving table.
Here are the supplies that you’ll need for the Clothespin Place Card Holder:
- White cardstock for handprint template
- Pencil, pen, or marker
- Patterned cardstock in fall colors
- Solid color cardstock in fall colors
- Pinch-type clothespin
- Two googly eyes
- Small piece of yellow or orange cardstock
- Liquid adhesive
- Place Card Leaf Template
Here’s how to make the Clothespin Turkey Place Card Holder:
- Trace the child’s handprint on a piece of white cardstock.
- Cut out the handprint template. Trace the handprint onto patterned cardstock. You’ll need four or five handprints.
- Arrange the handprints in a fan shape for the turkey’s tail. Glue them together.
- Cut a small triangle from the yellow or orange cardstock for the turkey’s beak. Hint: You can also use white cardstock and color it with a marker or crayon.
- Glue the turkey beak and googly eyes in place on the pinched end of the clothespin.
- Glue the clothespin to the handprint tail feathers.
- Print out the Place Card Leaf Template on the solid-colored cardstock. Cut out the leaves and add names. Clip each name in a clothespin turkey.
You can extend this project by combining it with the Thankful Branches for a Thanksgiving Celebration. Have each Thanksgiving guest write what they are thankful for on the back of the place card and display it on the thankful branches.
For more kid’s crafts and art projects join us right here at the Bowdabra blog each Friday.