Recycling bottle caps for bows and scrapbooking is fairly easy and when bottle caps are finished they look like little pieces of artwork!
Adding recycled bottle caps to bows can really make your bow – POP!
Materials Need to Make this Bows:
1. First begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut an 18”³ piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Follow the instructions on the interactive CD that accompanies the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to make a 4? wide Boutique Bow with 2? tails.
3. Create another 4? Boutique Bow with 2? tails. Tails for the second bow should be going in the opposite direction of the first bow.
4. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
5. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
6. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
8. Attach the Bowdabra Bow Wire to a hair clip and trim the excess wire away.
9. Next, attach your finished “upcycled” bottle cap to the front of the bow. Add a bead of hot glue along the bottom edges of the bottle cap and them press it firmly against the ribbon.
10. Your bottle cap bow is ready to be worn.