Create a New Year’s Eve wreath that sparkles, shines, and shimmers using recycled CDs and DVDs. Instead of throwing away scratched and old CDs recycle them into a gorgeous New Year’s Eve wreath. Hang the wreath on your front door or entry way to welcome guests to your holiday party.
”¢Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
”¢7 Old Scratched CDs or DVDs
”¢Assorted Wire Ribbon
1. Start by hot gluing the three center CDs and then the two top and bottom CDs. Next, hot glue it all together.
2. Thread ribbon through the top leaving an 8” tail. Thread ribbon through all the CDs and then back out the top again. Cut another 8” tail.
3. Tie ribbon together. Then tie ribbon at the top creating a loop for hanging your wreath.
4. To make the bow for the wreath: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
5. Dovetail the end of a ribbon strip. Seal the ends with nail polish. Place it into the Bowdabra.
6. To make the loops of the bow, begin by placing the end of the ribbon into the center of the Bowdabra.
7. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold, twist, and press into the Bowdabra.
8. Fold the loop on the other side.
9. Continue folding, twisting, and pressing the loops into the Bowdabra. Trim ribbon from the spool when you have enough loops.
10. Add another ribbon. Begin by placing the end of the ribbon into the center of the Bowdabra.
11. Fold the loop on the other side. Continue folding, twisting, and pressing the loops into the Bowdabra. Trim ribbon from the spool when you have enough loops.
12. Next, insert several floral picks.
13. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
14. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
15. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
16. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and tie. Fluff bow and attach to the top of the wreath.
17. Hang your inexpensive ”œgreen” wreath for New Year’s Eve.