This Christmas in July evergreen swag uses live evergreens and features a recycled bow!!
Gather these supplies:
- Variety of live evergreen branches
- 30″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Recycled wreath bow
- 52″ length 4″ wired velvet tapestry ribbon (Katherine’s Collection)
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Let’s make the Live Evergreen Swag:
This swag is made in three parts. First, the live evergreens are formed into the swag. Next, the streamers are made. Lastly, the recycled bow is added.
- Fold the 30″ bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Strip greenery from the top 2½” to 3″ of the branch. Add branches to the Bowdabra, beginning with the longest.
- Continue to layer greenery into the Bowdabra.
- With the live branches still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, and tie a secure knot. Wrap the wire ends tightly around the branches, and tie a second knot to secure the bundle.
- Now, let’s make the long streamers for the swag. Dovetail the ends of the ribbons by folding the ribbon in half and cutting the fold at an angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the 18″ bow wire in half and put it in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the 52″ length of velvet tapestry ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- With the ribbon still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, and tie a secure knot. Use the wire ends to attach the streamers to the back of the evergreen swag.
- If you don’t have an appropriate recycled bow, you can make a new one following these directions.
- Use the wire ends from the bow to attach it to the top of the evergreen swag.
- Optionally, you can add a length of fishline for hanging the swag.